Buying and selling metro taxi plates
Application form and checklist
Important information for buyers and sellers, including the application to buy or sell taxi plates is available below.
|Taxi plate and taxi-car licence transfer checklist for applicants (Form ODT7)||Kb|
How to purchase metro taxi plates
In order to buy taxi plates in Western Australia, the buyer must:
- Apply to purchase taxi plates
- Ensure payment of transfer duty
- Provide receipt of transfer duty paid
- Obtain a National Police Certificate.
A National Police Certificate is not required if you have a current T (taxi) drivers licence.
Making your payment for transfer duty
The Department of Transport can only accept your application if the proof of transfer duty being assessed and paid, is produced. Payment can be made at the Office of State Revenue.
Once the transfer duty is approved, an appointment will be made to effect the transfer, at which time you will be required to pay a prescribed transfer fee.
For further information or assistance, please contact the Office of State Revenue.
Transfer duty is paid directly to Office of State Revenue
|Street address||Postal address||Telephone||Fax|
|Office of State Revenue
200 St Georges Terrace,
|(08) 9262 1400|
|Office of State Revenue|
Purchasing taxi plates on behalf of an entity
Buying taxi plates in the name of a company
If you are purchasing taxi plates in the name of a company, you will be required to supply the following documentation:
- A memorandum and articles of association or a certified copy.
- A recent company extract from Australian Securities Commission.
- A National Police Certificate, for each of the company's directors.
Buying taxi plates in the name of a trust or deceased estate
If you are purchasing taxi plates in the name of a trust or deceased estate, you will be required to supply the following documentation:
- Probate documents or a certified copy.
- Where a taxi plate owner dies intestate, the administrator is required to lodge a Grant of Letters of Administration of the estate or a certified copy.
How to sell metro taxi plates
Before taxi plates can be sold in Western Australia, the seller must:
- Make an application to sell taxi plates.
- Provide a taxi plate ownership certificate.
- Provide a letter from the taxi plate financier.
Obtaining a letter from the financier
A letter is only necessary if there is any financial encumbrance over the taxi plate ownership. It must confirm that no further interest is outstanding and there is no objection to the transfer.
Obtaining a letter from the taxi plate owner
On approval, you will need to obtain an acknowledgement letter stating that the owner has received payment in full for the taxi plates and there is no objection to the transfer proceeding.
Please ensure the relevant taxi plate number is quoted on all applicable letters.