Transport for people with a disability
Wheelchair and scooter accessible transport
Multi-Purpose Taxis (MPT) and wheelchair and scooter accessible taxis are available in metropolitan and regional areas throughout Western Australia.
The dedicated taxi booking service 13 MAXI is appointed to provide reliable and consistent service for passengers using wheelchairs or scooters.
To book a Multi-Purpose Taxi in the metropolitan area contact 13 MAXI.
|Black and White Taxis includes MPT Dispatch Service (13MAXI)|
Guidelines for passengers with a wheelchair or scooter
To allow you to be transported safely
- Your wheelchair or scooter should be capable of being restrained correctly.
- Your lap tray should be removed during transit.
- You should allow the driver to use an approved lap belt to secure you.
Treat the driver with respect
- Always be courteous.
- Accept that the driver has a job to do, which is sometimes difficult.
- Pay the appropriate fare.
Travel subsidies - Taxi Users' Subsidy Scheme
The Taxi Users' Subsidy Scheme is available for people with a severe permanent disability, which prevents them from using public transport services or accessing standard on-demand transport such as taxis, charters or regular passenger transport vehicles e.g. a bus on a regular public transport route or an airport shuttle bus.
For more information, refer to Travel subsidies.