The Department of Transport cycling information pages are packed with useful resources for people who commute by bike or wish to explore Perth and regional Western Australia.
Subscribe to our monthly e-news to stay informed about cycling developments in WA.
Cycle Instead in Spring is an annual campaign that encourages Western Australians to be more active.
Cycling can be a wonderful way to improve your health and enjoy the natural beauty Western Australia has to offer. Why don’t you start today? Find out everything you need to get started, and what resources are available to help you.
- Bicycle equipment and accessories
- Choosing a bicycle
- Competitive cyclists
- Connecting with other cyclists
- Cycling for health and fitness
- Cycling for leisure
- Cycling for schools
- Cycling skills
- Cycling to work
- Frequently asked questions
- Maintaining your bicycle
- Types of bicycles
Cycle Instead campaign and events
Bikewest promotes cycling for transport through the annual 'Bikeweek' and 'Cycle Instead in Spring' campaigns. You can also find out about applying for grants, current events and Cycle Instead number plates.Go to Cycle Instead campaign and events
Cycling maps and guides
Bikewest produces a range of free brochures, facts sheets, guides and maps, which are available from bicycle shops and public outlets. It also produces the 5 Perth Bike Maps, sold from approved retailers, but does not control the pricing or availability.Go to Cycling maps and guides
Cycling rules, safety and infrastructure
This section covers what you need to know as a cyclist in WA - the law, bicycle paths and routes, road safety, and parking, rules about taking your bicycle on public transport and how to report a bicycle hazard to the relevant agency.
- Bicycle parking and security
- Bicycles on public transport
- Cycling at night and in wet weather
- Cycling on roads: rules and safety
- Cycling on shared paths
- Dealing with dangerous animals
- General safety information for cyclists
- Legislation and regulations
WA Bicycle Network
The WA Bicycle Network section provides information on the network of bicycles routes, principal shared paths and recreational shared paths for Perth and regional Western Australia, as well as statistical data and reports on surveys.
- About the WA Bicycle Network
- Cycling surveys and data
- Perth Bicycle Network (PBN)
- Perth Bicycle Network monitoring
- Regional Bicycle Network (RBN)