Riding to work
A range of different parking options in Perth's CBD ensures riders can safely park and lock their bikes.
|Bicycle parking in the Perth CBD, and cycling tips (Brochure)||Kb|
Designing bicycle parking for your building
Guidelines for the design and construction of cycling facilities can be found in the Austroads guide to road design: Part 6A: Pedestrian and cyclist paths.
Further useful resources are also available from Bicycle Network Victoria.
|Austroads: online publications|
|Bicycle Network Victoria (VIC): Bike parking experts|
Organising bicycle education sessions
Austcycle is Australia's only accredited cycling education provider.
A number of private AustCycle Accredited Cycle Coaches can be booked for education and training sessions. AustCycle provides a list and contact details on their website.
|AustCycle: Accredited training|
Bikes on public transport
You can take your bicycle on a train or a ferry without additional charges to your fare. Please follow the rules below when choosing to take your bike on a train.
- You may take your bike on the train except during these times on weekdays:
- Towards the City Centre between 7:00 am and 9:00 am.
- Away from City Centre between 4:30 pm and 6:30 pm.
- In addition, during the above times bikes cannot be taken on trains departing or passing, in either direction, at the following train stations: Perth Central, Perth Underground and Esplanade.
- However, fold-up bikes and unicycles are permitted at any time provided they are contained within a carry bag. Check with Transperth regarding bike dimensions, storage on trains and on board etiquette.
- Bicycle riders are to use the lift, where provided, and to walk their bike throughout train stations.
For detailed information on taking your bicycle on Transperth services, bike parking or reporting a hazard in railway precincts please visit the Transperth website or call 13 62 13.
Videos produced by Transperth.
|Transperth: Bikes on Transperth services|