DoT Direct is a suite of applications and tools that are designed to make your life easier by letting you do your licence transactions online. Whether your are renewing your licence or checking your demerit points, DoTDirect is quick and easy to use wherever you are, leaving you more time to do whatever it is you like to do.
The DoTDirect website is completely mobile friendly, displaying on your smart phone as an easy to use app that you can save to your phones desktop for quick access in the future.
DoTDirect provides not only quick access to the following online tools, but also links to the most popular interactive services within the DoT website.
- Online account - free personalised account for your driver's and vehicle licence information
- Account lookup - check you current account details.
- Book a driving test online (PDA) - allows learner driver's to book their test online.
- Demerit points check - check your demerit point information.
- Driver's licence status - find out the current status of your WA driver's licence.
- Licence alert - receive an SMS or email when your WA driver's licence or rego is near expiry.
- Pay online - save time and pay your rego or driver's licence bill online.
- Pre-pay a vehicle examination - you can pre-pay your vehicle examination.
- Temporary movement permit - buy your temporary movement permit online.
- Vehicle rego check - find out when your WA vehicle registration expires or is due for renewal.
Book a driving test (PDA online)
Online Practical Driving Assessment bookings can be made for tests conducted at most Driver and Vehicle Services Centres and Agent locations.
Change your WA address and contact details
Change your details without an online account
You may update your address and contact details:
- WA vehicle licence (registration) or driver's licence.
- WA recreational boat registration.
- WA Recreational Skipper's Ticket (RST).
- WA Photo card.
- It is a legal requirement to notify Driver and Vehicle Services within 21 days of changing your address.
- This form is for individual use only.
- As part of this service and for security purposes you will need to provide the plate numbers of all vehicles registered in your name.
- When you have notified Driver and Vehicle Services of your change of address a change of address label will be mailed out to you within 10 working days.
- Please affix the label to the back of your driver's licence, Learners Permit or WA Photo card in the space provided.
Change your details via your online account
If you are already registered for an online account you can change your address and contact details by logging in and going to the 'Profile' tab.
- Login to your Online account.
WA, driver and vehicle licence holders
Please note you must provide a residential address. You can also enter a postal address, which is different from your residential address, for correspondence purposes only.
Unless required by the Road Traffic (Administration) Act 2008, or an order issued by a Court of law of Australia, your personal licensing information cannot be disclosed by the Chief Executive Officer of the Department of Transport to any third party without your explicit consent.
However, the Chief Executive Officer may release aggregated statistical information to third parties.
No longer a resident in WA?
If you have left WA permanently please contact the local Licensing Authority in your new State/Territory to transfer your records. To assist you, we have provided links to the relevant state authorities below.
- Australian Capital Territory.
- New South Wales.
- Northern Territory.
- South Australia.
If you have a licence issued outside WA
If you do not hold a WA licence but have recently moved to WA, please refer to the My driver's licence section for information on what your legal obligations are including if you need to obtain a WA licence.
Demerit points check
Penalty points (demerits) are allocated for a range of driving offences. The issue of demerit points is a national initiative to encourage safe and responsible driving. Find out about the issue of demerit points in Western Australia.
Driver's licence check
Find out the current status of your Western Australian driver's licence.
Licence Alert is a free service that allows you to receive an SMS or email when your Western Australian driver or vehicle registration is near expiry.
Save time and pay your driver and vehicle licence fees online.
Pre-pay a vehicle examination
You can pre-pay for your vehicle examination online for DoT Vehicle Examination Centres only.
Temporary movement permit
A temporary movement permit allows you to move an unlicensed vehicle to be examined for the purposed of licensing or repairs prior to licensing. Save time, buy your permit online.
Vehicle rego check
Find out when your Western Australian vehicle registration (licence) expires, and is due for renewal. All you need is your vehicle's licence plate number and the response is instant.