Information about the Road Freight Transport Industry Council and how its members can be contacted.
About the Road Freight Transport Industry Council
The Council is chaired by Howard Croxon, Principal Consultant for Croxon Management Solutions.
The deputy chair is Heather Jones, owner-driver and Managing Director of Success Transport.
The other five members of the Council are:
- Ray Pratt, owner-driver and Chairman of WA Long Distance Owners and Drivers Association.
- Andrew Ford, General Manager - Development & Improvement, Centurion Transport Company.
- Tim Dawson, Organiser, Transport Workers' Union, WA Branch.
- Andrew Canion, Senior Adviser - Business Policy, Chamber of Commerce and Industry of WA.
- Lance Poore, Strategic Policy Analyst, Department of Transport.
Role of the Road Freight Transport Industry Council
The Council members represent owner-drivers, hirers, the community and government.
The role of the Council includes:
- Assisting in the development and review of the Code of Conduct.
- Preparing and regularly reviewing the Guideline Rates.
- Developing and promoting model owner-driver contracts.
- Promoting and encouraging compliance with the Code of Conduct and Guideline Rates, and
- Providing advice and recommendations to the Minister about owner-driver contracts and the business practices generally in use by hirers and owner-drivers.
Contacting the Road Freight Transport Industry Council
If you would like to contact a member of the Council, you can do so via the Department, which provides support services for the Council.