Navigational warnings are issued by the Department of Transport to advise mariners of any hazard, obstruction, navigational aid outages or faults that may affect navigational safety. These warnings are broadcast on VHF and HF radio networks throughout the state by the WA Water Police.
Navigational warnings are broadcast on the following networks:
- Perth Metro VHF: Warnings and weather are scheduled for broadcast at am, pm and pm (Channel 67).
- Coast Radio Perth HF: Warnings only are scheduled for broadcasts at pm and pm each day (Channel 8176).
- Coast Radio Hedland HF: Warnings only are scheduled for broadcasts at pm and pm each day (Channel 8176).
View the current navigational warnings for Western Australian state coastal waters. Cancelled, withdrawn or expired navigational warnings are regularly removed.
Please subscribe to our MarineSafetyWA Twitter feed to receive regular updates on temporary notices to mariners (TNTM).
See also; temporary notices to mariners (TNTM)
15/06/2017: Damaged lights, Lilly Creek Lagoon, Kununurra, and upper reaches of the Ord River
Navigation Markers in the Lilly Creek Lagoon near Kununurra, and in the upper reaches of Ord River, off station and may have damaged lights.
Due to heavy rainfall over the wet season, large volumes of water and debris have interacted with an undisclosed number of these aids to navigation, which are likely to be off station and may have damaged lights.
Boaters are urged to use local knowledge and to navigate with extreme caution in these areas.
06/06/2017: Sunken vessel, West of Ocean Reef Marina
A vessel has sunk and is sitting on the ocean floor 3 Nautical Miles West of the Ocean Reef Marina.
- Location: 31° 45.12'S 115° 40.27'E in approximately 9 metres of water. Mariners are advised to navigate with caution in this area.
- Chart: WA 001 Ocean Reef to Cape Peron.