Navigational Warnings are issued by the Department of Transport to advise mariners of any hazard, obstruction, navigational aid outages or faults that may affect navigational safety. These warnings are broadcast on VHF and HF radio networks throughout the state by the WA Water Police.
Navigational Warnings are broadcast on the following networks:
- Perth Metro VHF: Warnings and weather are scheduled for broadcast at am, pm and pm (Channel 67).
- Coast Radio Perth HF: Warnings only are scheduled for broadcasts at pm and pm each day (Channel 8176).
- Coast Radio Hedland HF: Warnings only are scheduled for broadcasts at pm and pm each day (Channel 8176).
View the current navigational warnings for Western Australian state coastal waters. Cancelled, withdrawn or expired navigational warnings are regularly removed.
Please subscribe to our MarineSafetyWA Twitter feed to receive regular updates on temporary notices to mariners (TNTM).
See also; temporary notices to mariners
Tantabiddi Leads Unlit Exmouth
It has been reported that the Tantabiddi Leads No. 236 and No. 237 are likely to be unlit.
Mariners are advised to proceed with caution when approaching Tantabiddi channel Exmouth.
- Location: Approx. 1.5km north of the Tantabiddi Boat Ramp, Ningaloo Marine Park, Exmouth.
- Chart: Department of Transport Chart WA 900.