NOTICE: Willagee Driver and Vehicle Services Centre is currently experiencing technical difficulties beyond our control. There may be delays to processing of transactions, however, Practical Driving Assessments are continuing.
Find out how to get a driver's licence or renew your driver’s licence in W.A.
- Driver's licence application after cancellation
- Get a driver's licence or upgrade
- Graduated demerit points
- Interstate & overseas drivers
- Licence restrictions & conditions
- Renew or replace your licence or permit
- Reporting a medical condition
There are various steps involved in getting a Western Australian (WA) driver's licence. You will need to develop your knowledge of the road rules, your driving skills and safe driving habits.
- Driver training & licensing
- Driving instructors & teachers
- Learner activities and resources
- Licence to drive a car
- Licence to drive a heavy vehicle
- Licence to ride a moped or motorcycle
Find out how to obtain, renew or transfer a vehicle licence in Western Australia, including repairable written-off and hail-damaged vehicles. You will also find information on immobilisers, vehicle plates, and Dealer Online.
- Commercial Goods Vehicle Licence
- Transfer by court order or deceased estate
- Transfer vehicle ownership
- Vehicle classes
- Vehicle dealers
- Vehicle licence plates
- Vehicle licences & renewals
- Written-off / damaged vehicles
Looking for unique vehicle licence plates for yourself or a friend? We have a fantastic range of optional plates to choose from. Select your series and start designing your plates now.
- Corporate series plates
- District series plates
- Optional and personalised plates
- Remake your plates
- Sell or transfer plates
- State series plates
Safety and standards
Here you will find advice on safety and standards related to drivers and their vehicles in Western Australia. You can also find out how and where to get a vehicle examined.
- Compliance and Enforcement
- Driver safety and standards
- Modify or construct a vehicle
- Vehicle examinations
- Vehicle imports and certifications
- Vehicle safety and standards
- Vehicles and the environment
Rules and penalties
Driver and vehicle licensing rules and penalties, including rules for novice drivers, traffic and infringement penalties, vehicle standards and regulations, Western Australian road rules and links to Acts and associated legislation.
- Acts, regulations, code and rules
- Blood Alcohol Content (BAC)
- Drive Safe handbook (road rules)
- Latest news
- National rules for driver licences
- Proof of identity
- Ride Safe handbook
- Rules for novice drivers
- Traffic infringements & penalties
- Vehicle licence penalties
- Vehicles and the law
Payments and online services
Access our online services, including vehicle and driver licence status, pay online and more.
- Change of address
- Change of gender
- Change of name
- Demerit point check (online)
- Driver and Vehicle enquiries (online)
- Driver's licence check (online)
- Firearm licence payments
- Good behaviour period election (online)
- Hazard Perception Test simulator
- Licence Alert
- Partner agency online services
- Payments, fees and concessions
- Proof of age card
- Report a medical condition (online)
- Road rules theory test quiz
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) for a new trailer (online)
- Vehicle licence check (online)
- Vehicle licence duty calculator (online)
Information by type/customer
Here you can find links to related information by customer or vehicle type. Categories include business and industry; senior citizens; regional communities; special needs; visitors and new residents; information in other languages; and vehicle type.
- By vehicle type
- For business and industry
- For new residents & visitors
- For people with special needs
- For regional & remote communities
- For seniors
- Other languages
- Translate this site
Licensing forms and publications
Here you will find all forms and publications available on our website that relate to driver and vehicle safety and licensing in Western Australia.
- Licensing forms (A-Z)
- Licensing forms (by topic)
- Licensing publications (A-Z)
- Licensing publications (by topic)
Contacts and about Licensing
Find contact details and location maps for Driver and Vehicle Services Centres, regional Agents, Department of Transport Offices, Vehicle Examination Centres, Approved Inspection Stations, and Photopoints.
- Contact Licensing
- Driver and Vehicle Services Centres and Agents
- Our role
- Photopoint locations
- Vehicle examination locations
Licensing site map
Use this page to help locate key areas of the Driver and Vehicle Services site.Go to Licensing site map
How to opt out of advertising sent by the Department
Under the Commonwealth Privacy Act the department is obligated under the information privacy principles (IPP) to provide the public with a process to opt out of receiving advertising inserts.
Please update your personal preferences online if you would like to opt out of advertising sent by the Department.