Get my photo taken
When you need your photograph taken
The Department of Transport requires you to have your photograph taken when applying for a new driver's licence. Your signature is also required.
Your photograph and signature must be updated every 10 years, and should be done when renewing your driver's licence. Your licence renewal notice will inform you when this needs to be done.
For more information, please download the frequently asked questions.
|Your details and photograph (Frequently Asked Questions)||Kb|
Where to get your picture taken (map)
You can have your photograph taken at:
- Driver and Vehicle Services centres or regional agents
- Photopoint locations (Australia Post) - see map
View Photopoint locations in a full screen map.
What you need to bring
You will need to provide the following when having your picture taken:
- Notice of photograph requirement, for example: your driver's licence renewal notice.
- Proof of identity documents as required.
You will also be required to have your signature captured electronically at this time.
Submitting a photo kit
If you are unable to have your picture taken at a licensing centre, regional agent or Photopoint location for the following reasons, you can submit your photograph by post.
Reasons why you may not be able to have your picture taken above include:
- Having a medical condition preventing you from going to either of the above locations.
- Living in a remote area within Western Australia.
- Travelling interstate or overseas.
To submit your photograph by post, you will need to complete a photo kit (Form E13).
Please download the photo kit form below, which includes detailed instructions and the address to post it to.
|Photo kit (Form E13)||Kb|