What we do
In its role as industry regulator, the Department:
- Leases taxi plates.
- Sets taxi fares.
- Sets and regulates industry standards, including vehicle safety and customer service standards.
- Ensures plate conditions such as minimum quotas and operating hours are fulfilled.
- Registers taxi drivers and issues driver identification (ID).
- Manages and administers subsidies for the industry and customers including the Taxi Users Subsidy Scheme (TUSS).
- Acts as a taxi customer advocate and investigates unresolved customer complaints for Western Australians.
|Service||Street address||Postal address||Telephone||Fax|
Regular Passenger Transport (RPT)
Omnibus - Charter Vehicle Licence
|20 Brown Street,
|GPO Box C102,
|1300 660 147||(08) 9218 3661|
If you have any issues or concerns with regards to Taxis or Charter Vehicles, please forward your concerns to our email address (above).
If you have a hearing or speech impairment contact the National Relay Service on 13 36 77 and quote the relevant On-demand Transport telephone number.
|National Relay Service|
Feedback and complaints
If you are unhappy with your taxi driver or the service provided, please contact the taxi company directly. Taxi companies must follow a formal complaints process which is monitored by the Department.