Transferring a country taxi car licence
Information regarding the application process and documentation required to affect the transfer of a country taxi-car licence is available here.
Country taxi-car application form and checklist
Important information for transferees and transferors of country taxi-car licences, including the relevant application form, can be accessed below.
|Country taxi-car licence transfer (Form ODT54)||Kb|
How to transfer a country taxi-car licence into your name as part of a taxi-car vehicle sale (transferee)
Full payment for the vehicle and business assets being purchased from the taxi-car licence transferor e should not take place until the licence transfer application is approved by the Department of Transport.
Before lodging an application with the Department of Transport, you must:
- Ensure payment of any transfer duty to the Office of State Revenue
- Provide proof of payment for transfer duty
- Obtain a National Police Certificate.
A National Police Certificate is not required if you have a current T (taxi) driver's licence.
Once the transfer of the taxi-car licence is approved in writing, applicants will be advised to pay the prescribed licence transfer fee. A transfer certificate will be issued and full payment for the vehicle and business assets to the transferor can take place.
Duty payable on the vehicle or business sale
The Department of Transport requires all applicants to provide a receipt of transfer duty paid to the Office of State Revenue before the taxi-car licence transfer can proceed.
Contact the Office of State Revenue for information on transfer duty requirements or for assistance with locating the nearest authorised office able to assess your application for transfer duty.
Contact the Office of State Revenue for further information or for assistance with locating the nearest authorised office able to assess your application for transfer duty.
|Office of State Revenue|
How to transfer a country taxi-car licence on behalf of an entity
Transferring a taxi-car licence into the name of a company
If you are registering the taxi licence in the name of a company, you will need to supply the following documentation:
- A memorandum and articles of association or a certified copy.
- A recent company extract from Australian Securities Commission.
- A National Police Certificate, for each of the company's directors.
Please ensure the company seal is placed on all documents signed on behalf of the company.
Transferring a taxi-car licence in the name of a trustee or deceased estate
If you are registering the taxi licence in the name of a trust or deceased estate, you will need to provide the following documentation:
- Signed certified copy of the Trust Deed (where the applicant transferee is a trustee)
- The name of the executor and the probate documents or a certified copy
- Where a country taxi-car licence holder dies intestate (i.e. without a will) provide the name of the administrator who must lodge a Grant of Letters of Administration of the estate or a certified copy.