Work starts on second phase of $12.3 million Jetty Rd causeway redevelopment
Work has commenced on the second phase of the $12.3 million Jetty Road causeway redevelopment at Casuarina Boat Harbour.
Department of Transport Director of Project Delivery Cameron Smith said the $5.8 million contract for Phase 2 work, awarded to WA company, Densford Civil Pty Ltd , would see the reconstruction of Jetty Road, increased parking with 164 bays, introduction of shared paths and landscaping, the construction of a multi-purpose building incorporating public toilets, and improvements to utility services in the area.
Earlier this year as part of the $3.5 million Phase 1 works contract an additional 31,000 tonnes of local rock was placed along the 600 metre causeway to improve protection during storm events. A further $3 million in project funding has been spent on investigations, design and project management.
Mr Smith said the Department continued to work to limit the impact of the project on the surrounding community and harbour users with restrictions and guaranteed access to boat pens on the causeway.
“Vehicle movements to and from the site will be restricted to operating between 7am to 6pm Monday to Friday and will finish at 5pm on Saturday. DoT’s on-site supervisor will work closely with the contractor to minimise noise and dust and vehicle speed has been capped at 40 kilometres per hour for increased community safety,” Mr Smith said.
“While there’s no access to the causeway beyond the jetties for the duration of the project, penholders will have dedicated parking close to the jetties and will be updated on the progress of works.”
The project, which is a key part of Stage 2 of the Transforming Bunbury’s Waterfront project, is due for completion later next year. Visit www.transport.wa.gov.au/jettyroadcauseway for more information about the project.
Media contact: email@example.com