Find out which Acts the DoT administers and other legislation affecting the functions and operation of the DoT.
Acts administered on behalf of the Minister for Transport
On behalf of the Minister for Transport, DoT administers the following Acts:
- Air Navigation Act 1937.
- Civil Aviation (Carriers' Liability) Act 1961.
- Damage by Aircraft Act 1964.
- Harbours and Jetties Act 1928.
- Jetties Act 1926.
- Lights (Navigation Protection) Act 1938.
- Marine and Harbours Act 1981.
- Marine Navigational Aids Act 1973.
- Maritime Fees and Charges (Taxing) Act 1999.
- Motor Vehicle Drivers Instructors Act 1963.
- Owner-Drivers (Contracts and Disputes) Act 2007.
- Perth Parking Management Act 1999.
- Perth Parking Management (Consequential Provisions) Act 1999.
- Perth Parking Management (Taxing) Act 1999.
- Pilots' Limitation of Liability Act 1962.
- Pollution of Waters By Oil and Noxious Substances Act 1987.
- Port Authorities Act 1999.
- Rail Safety National Law (WA) Act 2015.
- Road Traffic (Administration) Act 2008.
- Road Traffic (Authorisation to Drive) Act 2008.
- Road Traffic (Vehicles) Act 2012.
- Road Traffic (Vehicles) (Taxing) Act 2008.
- Sea-Carriage of Goods Act 1909.
- Shipping and Pilotage Act 1967.
- Taxi Act 1994.
- Taxi Drivers Licensing Act 2014.
- Trans-Continental Railway Act 1911.
- Transport Co-ordination Act 1966.
- Western Australian Marine Act 1982.
- Wire and Wire Netting Act 1926.
- Western Australian Photo Card Act 2014.
Legislation affecting the functions and operation of DoT
Other legislation affecting the functions and operation of DoT include:
- Criminal Code 1913.
- Disability Services Act 1993.
- Electronic Transactions Act 2011.
- Equal Opportunity Act 1984.
- Evidence Act 1906.
- Financial Management Act 2006.
- Freedom of Information Act 1992.
- Industrial Relations Act 1979.
- Interpretation Act 1984.
- Library Board of Western Australia Act 1951.
- Limitation Act 2005.
- Minimum Conditions of Employment Act 1993.
- Native Title Act 1993 (Commonwealth).
- Occupational Safety and Health Act 1984.
- Public Sector Management Act 1994.
- Royal Commission (Custody of Records) Act 1992.
- State Records Act 2000.
- State Supply Commission Act 1991.
- State Trading Concerns Act 1916.