Here you can see the highlights of the 2016-17 annual report including projects commenced, completed and new services.
Annual report highlights
- The visionary Transport @ 3.5 Million: Perth and Peel Transport Plan for 3.5 Million People and Beyond was released.
- The $20.14 million Exmouth Boat Harbour upgrade neared completion.
- Western Australia's first Alcohol Interlock Scheme introduced to reduce the road safety risk posed by drink driving.
- DoTDirect improved customer convenience and choice by offering simpler sign-up and access to a wider range of online transactions.
- First tranche of on-demand transport industry reforms rolled out to deliver more equitable, flexible and innovative services for customers and operators.
- Safety improved on the Swan River through the Matilda Bay Aquatic Use Review.
- METRONET Office established to drive the State Government's vision to transform Perth's transport network.
- WA's first bike boulevards allowed drivers and cyclists to share streets more safely.
- $27.5 million Transition Assistance Package supported metropolitan taxi plate owners through the reform.
- $4.5 million invested in regional airports to improve infrastructure and safety.
- Over $40 million invested in transport initiatives to keep central Perth moving.