Report on operations
Achieving the State Government's goals
DoT supported the State Government's goals of 'results-based service delivery' and 'State building major projects' in 2016-17 by striving to achieve and exceed the following three outcomes:
- An accessible and safe transport system.
- Vehicles and road users that meet established vehicle standards and driver competencies to deliver safe vehicles and safe drivers.
- Integrated transport systems that facilitate economic development.
To achieve these outcomes, DoT delivered the following five services to the community of Western Australia:
- Coastal Infrastructure.
- Marine Safety.
- On-demand Transport.
- Driver and Vehicle Services.
- Strategic Transport Policy and Integrated Planning.
This section of the report provides an overview of how DoT successfully delivered these services and contributed to the State Government's goals during the reporting period.
It also includes a summary of the results of our Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) as well as information on the significant community projects and customer focused programs that were undertaken or completed in 2016-17.
Image: Exmouth Boat Harbour upgrade neared completion.