Euro series plates
Design and order your 'Euro' plates (online)
If you require Euro style plates (from the Euro Series) these are available to purchase and collect now from any of our Driver and Vehicle Services Centres. However, there is no choice of characters available in the Euro style plate.
Euro Custom, Euro Custom Plus, or Euro Premium
Check if your plate characters are available, design your plates and order online.
Alternatively you may download an application form and post it, along with a cheque (made payable to the Department of Transport), or take it to your nearest Driver and Vehicle Services Centre or regional Agent.
All plate applications are reviewed for issue prior to final approval. The Director General reserves the right to refuse any plate application, please refer to the information below.
Euro plate fees
|Euro series Standard licence plates||$515.00|
|Euro Custom series licence plates||$675.00|
|Euro Custom Plus series licence plates||$870.00|
|Euro Premium series licence plates||$1,499.00|
|Euro series plates: Terms and conditions||Kb|
|Optional plates: Application form||Kb|
|Plates (Frequently Asked Questions)||Kb|
Available styles 'Euro' plates
The Euro is held on stock at most Driver and Vehicle Services Centres. Due to the plates being pre-manufactured you do not have a choice of what letters and numbers are displayed on the plate.
Beginning with the compulsory 'W' as the first letter and the swan logo, the Euro plates display two (2) letters and three (3) numbers and a final letter.
The Euro Custom is a more personalised number plate.
Beginning with the compulsory 'W' as the first letter and the swan logo, you can choose to have two (2) letters and three (3) numbers of your choice, followed by a final letter that can not be altered.
The compulsory 'W' and the last letter can not be altered.
Euro Custom Plus
The Euro Custom Plus offer even greater customisation.
Beginning with the compulsory 'W' as the first letter and the swan logo, you can choose to have:
- Three (3) letters and four (4) numbers. Example: W (logo) AAA1111; or
- Four (4) letters and three (3) numbers. Example: W (logo) AAAA111.
The Euro Premium allows you to personalise your number plate even further.
Beginning with the compulsory 'W' as the first letter and the swan logo, you can choose to have up to seven (7) letters and numbers.
Design features 'Euro' plates
Euro sash style
Euro premium sash styles
The Euro premium is available in the following colours:
- Silver on black
- Gold on black
All colours are approximate.
Plates in the Euro series are only available in aluminium.
The Euro style is only available in one size.
The Euro Custom, Euro Custom Plus and Euro Premium are available in a combination of size options.
The Euro series plate is not available for motorcycles or trailers.
Available sizes (Euro)
|Vehicle type||Style||Size type||Dimensions||Material|
|Motor vehicles||Euro (one size)||Euro size||520mm x 111.8 mm||Aluminium|
|Motor vehicles||Euro Custom||Euro size||520mm x 111.8 mm||Aluminium|
|Motor vehicles||Euro Custom Plus||Euro size||520mm x 111.8 mm||Aluminium|
|Motor vehicles||Euro Premium||Euro size||520mm x 111.8 mm||Aluminium|
|Motor vehicles||Euro Custom||Baby Euro||372mm x 100 mm||Aluminium|
|Motor vehicles||Euro Custom Plus||Baby Euro||372mm x 100 mm||Aluminium|
|Motor vehicles||Euro Premium||Baby Euro||372mm x 100 mm||Aluminium|
|Motor vehicles||Euro Custom||Combination||372mm x 100 mm - front
520mm x 111.8 mm - rear
|Motor vehicles||Euro Custom Plus||Combination||372mm x 100 mm - front
520mm x 111.8 mm - rear
|Motor vehicles||Euro Premium||Combination||372mm x 100 mm - front
520mm x 111.8 mm - rear
Refusal of plate application
The Chief Executive Officer reserves the right to refuse any plate application.
Grounds for refusal include but are not limited to:
- Have offensive, sensitive or contentious connotations (for example, sexual, violent, drug related, perverse or racial content).
- Have negative political or anti law references (for example, gang related names or conflicts with road safety messages).
- Be likely to incite or promote hatred including but not limited to negative religious or cult references.
- Be a registered name of a company or business, and the applicant is not the Director of the said company or business for which the plate is requested.
- Be ambiguous and plate characters not easily identifiable.
- Be in contravention of any State or Commonwealth Legislation (for example ANZAC, NAVY, RAN, AFC, RAAF).
- Be a close resemblance of character combinations of an existing registration plate or series of plates.
- Any of the above in a language other than English or could be read by using a rear view mirror.
- Make or model of vehicle.
Fitting plates to your vehicle
Screws are not supplied with plates issued by the Department of Transport.
You will need to organise the removal of the old plates and attachment of the new plates yourself, or arrange for them to be fitted by a car dealership or garage.
As vehicle design specifications vary, plates in the Euro Series are produced without any pre-drilled holes. This allows you to position the holes to suit your vehicle.