Light vehicle: Example, how to calculate your vehicle licence fee
In the following example, a 12 month renewal is applied to a standard motor car (Tare weight: 1,650 kg - the weight of the unladen vehicle):
|Calculate your light vehicle licence fee||Fee calculation|
|Vehicle fee per 100 kg x Total weight (rounded up to the nearest 100 kg) / 100||$23.64 x (1,700 kg / 100) = $401.88|
|Plus prescribed flat fee $13.20 (12-month renewal: (discounted rate) = $6.60)||$6.60|
|Total vehicle licence fee (rounded to the nearest five cents)||$408.50|
- Prescribed flat fee for a vehicle for a period of one year is $13.20 discounted 50%.
- Any vehicle renewal term less than 12 months; calculation will be $13.20 divided by 12 then multiplying by the number of months in respect of which the renewal is paid.
- 6-month renewal: ($13.20/12)*6 = $6.60.
- 3-month renewal: ($13.20/12)*3 = $3.30.
- GVM = Gross vehicle Mass. kg = kilogram. cc = cubic centimetre, engine displacement.
- kW/t = kilowatt per tonne, 1 m² / S³.
Page last updated: Tue Jun 9 2020 3:16:20 PM