The 2019-21 RADS Funding Round is now open for applications.
About RADS: 2019-21 RADS funding round
RADS is a State Government grant program delivered by the Department of Transport aimed at improving airport related infrastructure in regional Western Australia.
Western Australia was the first state to provide funding for airport infrastructure in regional areas. Some other Australian states have since developed similar programs.
To be eligible to apply for a RADS grant, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The airport must be located in Western Australia.
- The applicant must be the airport owner or lease holder (or duly authorised delegate).
- The organisation must have an Australian Business Number (ABN).
- The airport must be accessible to the public.
- The airport must be maintained on an ongoing basis.
- The project will benefit the community.
- The project is unlikely to be undertaken without RADS assistance.
- All RPT airports must submit the airport's most current Income and Expenditure Statement.
- All RPT airports applying for RADS funding will require a Strategic Airport Asset and Financial Management Framework (Framework) in 2019. Please contact DoT on (08) 6551 6196 for further information. Please note DoT will fund the development of your Framework.
- Where the airport is located on land owned or managed by the Aboriginal Affairs Planning Authority or Aboriginal Lands Trust (ALT) The applicant is responsible for ensuring that they have complied with the ALT land use and development policy.
Those projects that are eligible for RADS funding should fall into one or more of the following categories.
Other types of projects may be funded at the Minister's discretion.
|RPT Strategic Airport Asset and Financial Management planning||A Strategic Airport Asset and Financial Management plan is to demonstrate responsive management of assets (and services provided from assets) and airport finances. (see below)|
|Runway development||This may involve construction, extension, sealing or marking of runways, taxiways and aircraft parking areas. This includes meeting Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) requirements, Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) standards summarised in its Guidelines for Aeroplane Landing areas.|
|Airside development||This may include the provision of airport lighting or navigation aids.|
|Grounds development||This may include animal exclusion fencing, drainage or obstacle limitation areas.|
|Terminal development||This may include construction, installation of security equipment, such as bag and passenger screening facilities, or safety enhancements.|
|Airport master planning||These plans typically guide future airport developments and capital works in response to anticipated regional development and increased demand for airport use. Development projects identified in a master plan can form the basis of further RADS applications but do not represent pre-approval of future funding. Note: Other airport studies must be related to your airport master plan. A business case may need to be prepared and then presented to DoT before final funding is approved.|
|Other aviation infrastructure projects||If your project falls outside of the above categories, it is important that you clearly demonstrate how your project will improve regional air services and air safety for the benefit of regional communities.|
|Strategic Airport Asset and Financial Management Framework (Framework) Overview||Kb|
|Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA)|
|Service Type||Suburb||Business Name||Phone number||Phone number (secondary)||Fax||Pre-booking required||Business Hours||Street address||Postal address||Business Type||Comments|
|Aviation contact||Aviation enquiries (Aviation)||(08) 6551 6961||(08) 6551 6001||No||Monday to Friday 8:00 am until 5:00 pm. (excludes public holidays)||firstname.lastname@example.org||P.O. Box C102, Perth WA 6839||Department of Transport||All other Aviation related enquiries. 123.|
|Aviation contact||Air Services (Aviation)||(08) 6551 6197||(08) 6551 6001||No||Monday to Friday 8:00 am until 5:00 pm. (excludes public holidays)||email@example.com||P.O. Box C102, Perth WA 6839||Department of Transport||Air Services in Western Australia, including regulation of RPT air services, closed charter operations, and aircraft licences|
|Aviation contact||Aviation Infrastructure (Aviation)||(08) 6551 6961||(08) 6551 6001||No||Monday to Friday 8:00 am until 5:00 pm. (excludes public holidays)||firstname.lastname@example.org||P.O. Box C102, Perth WA 6839||Department of Transport||Aviation Infrastructure in Western Australia, including the Regional Airports Development Scheme (RADS)|