Swing moorings

Find out about the rules regarding use of moorings in Western Australia and licensing of moorings in mooring control areas.

More in this section:

Show all

 Swing moorings in WA waters

Find out about swing moorings managed by the Department of Transport and how to obtain a mooring licence.

 Swing mooring licences

Find out how to apply for a swing mooring licence and the different classifications.

 Maintenance of swing moorings

Swing moorings require maintenance and are regularly inspected. View our list of approved contractors to find one in your area.

 Shared Use Mooring Systems (SUMS)

The Shared Use Moorings System (SUMS) aims to increase access to recreational moorings. Find out how the SUMS work, their locations and read our frequently asked questions.

 Mooring regulation streamline review

In 2014 the Department of Transport (DoT) commenced the Mooring Regulation Streamline Review to improve the way moorings are managed in WA.
Page last updated: Wed Oct 26 2022 11:49:34 AM