Practical driving assessment bookings
The new Joondalup Driver Assessment Centre is now open.
Learn more about the range of learner driver services available.
You can book, change or cancel a practical driving assessment (PDA) booking by logging into DoTDirect. You can make your booking up to 6 months in advance.
Select the appropriate option below to book your PDA.
If you have a DoTDirect account, you can log in and book your PDA online.
If you do not have a DoTDirect account, you can register for an account and book a PDA:
- in person at a DVS centre or regional DoT centre
- by calling 13 11 56 Monday to Friday 7am to 6pm.
You cannot book a PDA online for:
- Heavy Combination (HC class) (book with an approved provider)
- Multi Combination (MC class) (book with an approved provider)
- Heavy Rigid (HR class) (where the test is to be held with an approved provider)
- Senior licence renewals, persons aged 85 years or more, with only one class of licence held.
You also cannot book online if you need to take a PDA due to:
- a medical condition and the medical assessment process being incomplete
- an extraordinary licence application
- a conditional licence application
- your license or learner's permit is subject to a sanction.
Call 13 11 56 between 7:00 am and 6:00 pm Monday to Friday to book a test due to any of these reasons.
What to do on the day
On the day of your PDA, you will need to arrive 15 minutes before your booking and bring:
- Your learner's permit card or one form of primary identification and secondary identification
- Your completed Log Book (if required); and
- A licensed, roadworthy vehicle of appropriate class (cars must be fitted with a centrally mounted park brake that the front passenger can operate if required).
If you don't meet any of the above requirements, your PDA may be cancelled, and you will need to rebook and pay for another PDA.