National Plan for Maritime Environmental Emergencies (NatPlan)
About the National Plan
The National Plan covers:
- National, regional, state, local and industry contingency planning for oil spill response.
- Prepositioned spill combat equipment.
- Arrangements for mobilisation of personnel and equipment.
- National oil spill management training programs.
- Awareness by government, media and the community of issues in responding to a major spill.
It includes the National Marine Oil Spill Contingency Plan.
The National Plan is administered by the Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA), the Commonwealth agency responsible for marine safety, marine environmental protection and sea search and rescue.
Please visit the AMSA website for more information on the National Plan.