Mid West TNTM
Please subscribe to our MarineSafetyWA Twitter feed to receive regular updates on temporary notices to mariners (TNTM).
Notice 2019-83: Closure of waters to boating, Town Beach, City of Geraldton
Acting pursuant to Section 66 of the Western Australian Marine Act 1982, I hereby close the following area of water to all vessels on Sunday 28th July 2019 between 7.00 am and 4.00 pm.
Area of closure
All the waters within Town Beach bounded by a line commencing at the south western corner of the Fitzgerald Street Groyne, thence:
- Approximately 100 metres west along the foreshore to a point at approximately 28° 46.480'S, 114° 36.329'E (adjacent to Geraldton Children Park);
- Thence approximately 100 metres in a northerly direction at approximately 28° 46.425'S, 114° 36.318'E;
- Thence approximately 100 metres east to the Fitzgerald Street Groyne, thence southwest to the point of commencement.
This area is set aside for the approved “Houtman 400 Balayi Festival”.
Conditions of closure
- No vessel shall transit through, anchor or moor within the closed waters area;
- This notice does not apply to approved vessels associated with Houtman 400 Balayi Festival.
Christopher J Mather, Director Waterways Safety Management, Department of Transport.
- Start date: 28/07/2019
- End date: 28/07/2019
- Issued: 16/07/2019
Notice 2013-78: Cervantes pile remnants
Caravan Park Beach, Cervantes
Mariners and swimmers are advised that the swimming platform in the gazetted boating prohibited area adjacent to the Caravan Park Beach (north of Talavera Road) has been removed by inclement weather leaving four (4) pile remnants.
These pile remnants are at times fully submerged just below the waterline.
- Chart Reference: Department of Transport Chart DMH 422 - Cervantes
Mariners are advised to keep well clear of the above gazetted boating prohibited area and swimmers are advised to keep clear of the pile remnants.
Authorised by: Mark Briant A/ Marine Safety Operations Director, Marine Safety Department of Transport.
- Start date:
- End date:
- Issue date: 31/05/2013.