Public interest disclosure
Public Interest Disclosure Act
The Public Interest Disclosure (PID) Act 2003:
- Facilitates the disclosure of public interest information.
- Provides protection for those making such disclosures and those who are the subject of disclosures.
- Provides a system for the matters disclosed to be investigated and for appropriate action to be taken.
A Public Interest Disclosure is made when a person (the discloser) discloses to a proper authority information that tends to show past, present or proposed future improper conduct by a public body in the exercise of public functions.
In order to be a disclosure to which the PID Act applies, a disclosure must be:
- Made by a discloser who believes on reasonable grounds that the information is or may be true.
- A disclosure of public interest information.
- Made to the appropriate proper authority.
Any person may make a Public Interest Disclosure. Before making a disclosure it is important that you are aware of the rights and responsibilities imposed on disclosers and others under the PID Act, for further information please refer to our Public Interest Disclosures Statement to Stakeholders and the Public Sector Commissions 'Don't be afraid to speak up' booklet.
|Public Interest Disclosures: Statement to Stakeholders||Kb|
|Public Sector Commission (PSC): Don't be afraid to speak up, guide for disclosers|
How to lodge a Public Interest Disclosure (PID)
For more information, or to make a disclosure, please contact a DoT PID Officer.
- Investigation Services Manager.
- Senior Compliance Investigations Officer.
- Risk and Business Continuity Manager.
- Manager Governance Review and Audit.
|Service Type||Suburb||Business Name||Phone number||Phone number (secondary)||Fax||Pre-booking required||Business Hours||Street address||Postal address||Business Type||Vehicle type||Comments|
|General contact||Public Interest Disclosure (PID) Officer (Transport)||1300 040 456||No||Monday to Friday 8:00 am until 5:00 pm. (excludes public holidays)||email@example.com||P.O. Box C102, Perth WA 6839||Department of Transport||Alert Us|
|Consent to disclosure of identifying information form||Kb|
|Public Interest Disclosure lodgement form||Kb|
Further information about the legislation and how to make a disclosure is available at the Public Sector Commission website.
|Public Sector Commission (PSC)|