Licensing publications by topic
Publications (by topic) related to driver and vehicle licensing and safety in Western Australia.
Many of our forms and documents use the Portable Document Format.
Free PDF reader software (Acrobat Reader) may be downloaded from Adobe ®.
Transport is not responsible for external links and is unable to offer software or computer support.
|Adobe: Acrobat Reader (download and installation)|
|Driver competency standard||96 Kb||07-Feb-17|
|Heavy vehicle competency standard||680 Kb||03-Feb-17|
|How to become a licensed driving instructor in Western Australia (Fact sheet)||218 Kb||01-Dec-17|
|Light vehicle competency standard||132 Kb||06-Jun-17|
|Motorcycle competency standard||732 Kb||03-Feb-17|
|Multi Combination competency standard||477 Kb||03-Feb-17|
Circulars to industry provide advice on vehicle safety and standards in Western Australia. Although primarily aimed at the vehicle industry, the circulars also provide useful information to the general public.
|Child restraint fitting station scheme business rules - Type 2||356 Kb||21-Dec-20|
|CP-104B: Authorised noise assessor's handbook (Code of Practice)||500 Kb||25-Jan-17|
|Restraint of children with disabilities or medical conditions (FAQ)||233 Kb||10-Jun-21|
Information bulletins provide advice to the general public on vehicle safety and standards in Western Australia.
|VTB-106A: Imported vehicles including left hand drive (Vehicle Technical Bulletin)||156 Kb||11-Jul-16|
|VTB-111A: 14.63 m Long Semi-Trailers (Vehicle Technical Bulletin)||309 Kb||14-Aug-23|
The Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development, Communications, and the Arts Vehicle Standards Bulletins series provide information on the design, manufacture, sale, modification, maintenance, import and repair of road vehicles.
- VSB 1 - Building small trailers.
- VSB 3 - Vehicle safety recalls.
- VSB 4 - Steering conversions for left hand drive vehicles.
- VSB 5A - Commercial manufacture and installation of additional seats.
- VSB 5B - Construction and installation of additional seats by individuals.
- VSB 6 - Heavy vehicle modifications.
- VSB 7A - Design parameters necessary for compliance with ADR 59/00 Part A.
- VSB 7B - Design parameters necessary for compliance with ADR 59/00 Part B.
- VSB 10 - Importing vehicles to Australia.
- VSB 11 - Certification of road-friendly suspensions.
- VSB 12 - Rear marking plates.
- VSB 14 - National code of practice for light vehicle construction and modification (NCOP).
You can download the Vehicle Standards Bulletins from the Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development, Communications, and the Arts website.
|Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development, Communications, and the Arts: Vehicle Standards Bulletins (VSB)|
Hard copy forms and publications may be obtained by calling the Customer Contact Centre on 13 11 56.
These document may also be collected from any metropolitan and regional DVS licensing centres, or regional licensing agents (excluding Australia Post outlets).