The Bike Riding Reference Group (BRRG) incorporates high-level representation across state government and industry, to facilitate strategic discussion to progress initiatives that support and encourage bike riding in Western Australia.
The BRRG has representation across state government departments, agencies and industry bodies and is chaired by an elected government representative who provides ministerial representation reporting through to the Minister for Transport, and other Ministers as relevant (see Governance Structure document below). Chris Tallentire MLA, Member for Thornlie has been the Chair since 2018.
The BRRG plays a critical role in providing strategic advice to government around bike riding and has guided the development of the Western Australian Active Travel Strategy, a key action of this group.
Current BRRG member organisations
- Department of Transport (representing the 3 key transport agencies including Main Roads WA and Public Transport Authority)
- Department of Health
- Department of Planning, Lands and Heritage
- Road Safety Commission
- Department of Education
- Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions
- Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries
- WA Police Force
- Tourism WA
- Western Australian Local Government Association (WALGA)
- Institute of Public Works Engineering Australia (IPWEA)
- Australian Institute of Traffic Planning and Management (AITPM)
- Royal Automobile Club of Western Australia (RAC)