DoT Direct is a suite of applications and tools that are designed to make your life easier by letting you do your transactions online. It not only provides quick access to the online tools below, but also links to the most popular interactive services within the DoT website.
The DoTDirect website is completely mobile friendly, displaying on your smart phone as an easy to use app that you can save to your phones desktop for quick access in the future.
- Online account - free personalised account for your driver's and vehicle licence information
- Account lookup - check you current account details.
- Book a driving test online (PDA) - allows learner driver's to book their test online.
- Change of address - change your details without an online account.
- Demerit points check - check your demerit point information.
- Driver's licence status - find out the current status of your WA driver's licence.
- Licence alert - receive an SMS or email when your WA driver's licence or rego is near expiry.
- Pay online - save time and pay your rego or driver's licence bill online.
- Pre-pay a modification permit - provides you with a payment receipt needed at the time of inspection.
- Temporary movement permit - buy your temporary movement permit online.
- Vehicle rego check - find out when your WA vehicle registration expires or is due for renewal.
Have you misplaced your account details? An account number is required to make online payments for a current invoice(s) for your Driver's Licence or Vehicle Licence (registration).Account lookup (online)
Change your WA address and contact details (for individuals)
You can update address and contact details for:
- WA vehicle licence (registration) or driver's licence.
- WA recreational boat registration.
- WA Recreational Skipper's Ticket (RST).
- WA Photo Card.
- You must provide a residential address. You can also enter a postal address, which is different from your residential address, for correspondence purposes only.
- There is no fee payable to change your name, organisation name, address or gender. However, a fee will apply if you request a replacement driver's licence document, vehicle licence document, or Photo Card. Visit the Transport-related fees section for more information.
Change your details without an online accountChange your WA address and contact details
Change your details via your online account
If you are already registered for an online account you can change your address and contact details by logging in and going to the 'Profile' tab.
- Login to your Online account.
Change of address by post or fax
You can notify us in writing of your change of address by using the Change of personal details (C4) form provided below.
The change of address fax number is: 1300 669 995 or from outside Australia +61 8 9427 8191.
WA, driver and vehicle licence holders
Please note you must provide a residential address. You can also enter a postal address, which is different from your residential address, for correspondence purposes only.
Unless required by the Road Traffic (Administration) Act 2008, or an order issued by a Court of law of Australia, your personal licensing information cannot be disclosed by the Chief Executive Officer of the Department of Transport to any third party without your explicit consent.
However, the Chief Executive Officer may release aggregated statistical information to third parties.
If you have a licence issued outside WA
If you do not hold a WA licence but have recently moved to WA, please refer to the My driver's licence section for information on what your legal obligations are including if you need to obtain a WA licence.
Demerit points check (online)
Penalty points (demerits) are allocated for a range of driving offences. The issue of demerit points is a national initiative to encourage safe and responsible driving. Find out about the issue of demerit points in Western Australia.Demerit point check (online)
DoTDirect online account - payments
View your boat registration, vehicle and driver's licence information in the one convenient location from a single login with DoTDirect online account.
You can pay your renewals through your DoTDirect online account.
For more information and frequently asked questions visit the Online account page.
Find out moreAccount lookup (online)
Don't have a DoTDirect online account? If your renewal account is current, you can still pay online by credit card using our online payment facility.
Temporary movement permit
A temporary movement permit allows you to move an unlicensed vehicle to be inspected for the purposed of licensing or repairs prior to licensing. Save time, buy your permit online.
Find out more...Buy a temporary movement permit
Vehicle rego check
Find out when your Western Australian vehicle registration (licence) expires, and is due for renewal. All you need is your vehicle's licence plate number and the response is instant.Vehicle licence 'rego' check (online)
As the buyer or seller you have the choice of transferring the vehicle online using DoTDirect or by submitting a form.DoTDirect is a suite of applications and tools that are designed to make your life easier by letting you do your licence transactions online.
- Customers with DoTDirect online accounts can conveniently transfer vehicles online.
- You can even do it on your mobile phone while buying a vehicle.
Online vehicle transfers are available to individuals and all the information you need to transfer a vehicle into your name is the seller's surname and the vehicle plate number.
Some vehicles cannot be transferred online. These include vehicles that are:
- Part of a court order or deceased estate.
- To be jointly owned.
- Being transferred between spouses or de facto partners.
- Heavy vehicles.
- Issued with optional plates.
If you submit your transfer online, a transfer form is not required by the Department, however you may wish to obtain proof of purchase documents for your own records.
For more information on transferring a vehicle visit the Buy, sell or transfer a vehicle section.Register for your online account Login to your online account