What is fleet licensing?
Driver and Vehicle Services offers a fleet licensing payment option for individuals and organisations that have ten (10) or more vehicles licensed in their name. This facility allows owners to choose a common expiry date and align all their vehicle licences to expire on the nominated date.
Owners of vehicles licensed under the fleet licensing scheme, will receive a Fleet Schedule before the nominated expiry date.
The fleet schedule lists:
- Each of the owner's vehicles.
- The total renewal payment due.
Individual renewal notices are not issued.
Owners of three (3) to nine (9) vehicles may also apply for a common expiry date, however these vehicles will not be provided with a fleet schedule nor a bulk billing code. Instead, they will be sent individual renewal notices as normal before the nominated expiry.
Request a fleet licensing account
To request a fleet licensing account you must complete the relevant application forms, providing:
- Company/personal details; (Form E72A).
- A list of vehicles that you wish to licence with a common expiry date (Form E72).
- The nominated common expiry date.
The date chosen is subject to Driver and Vehicle Services approval.
|Application for vehicle licence common expiry date: Fleet licensing (Form E72)||Kb|
|Application for organisation code proof of identity (Form E72A)||Kb|
Creating your fleet licensing account
Once Driver and Vehicle Services receive your application, the Fleet Licensing team will confirm the ownership and licence status of the vehicles you have listed. A fleet licensing code will then be created to identify your vehicles for future renewals.
Driver and Vehicle Services will
- Add all vehicles on the application to a fleet schedule using your unique fleet licensing code.
- Where a vehicle(s) expiry date is within the three (3) month renewal period, the expiry date(s) will be adjusted to align with the nominated expiry date and an individual tax invoice(s) will be generated.
- Where a vehicle(s) expiry date is outside of the three (3) month renewal period, the expiry date will not be amended until the renewal period. Individual renewal notices for these vehicle(s) will be generated 42 days prior to the expiry date. When you receive a renewal notice, contact Fleet Licensing on 1300 765 106. They will amend the vehicle expiry date(s) to align with the nominated expiry date and issue an individual tax invoice(s), if required.
Once your application has been processed, Driver and Vehicle Services will send you a letter advising you of your fleet licensing code, as well as individual tax invoices for vehicles that need to be re-aligned to the common expiry date.
If adjustment of the previous expiry date to your new common expiry date generates additional licence fees, a tax invoice will be generated. When the tax invoice is paid, the vehicle(s) are added to your fleet licensing account.
Please contact the Fleet Licensing team via the number listed below, or the Contact Centre on 13 11 56 for general licensing enquiries.
|Service Type||Suburb||Business Name||Phone number||Phone number (secondary)||Fax||Pre-booking required||Business Hours||Street address||Postal address||Business Type||Vehicle type||Comments|
|Driver and Vehicle Services contact||Fleet Licensing (Driver Vehicle Licensing)||1300 765 106||1300 880 865||No||Monday to Friday 8:00 am until 5:00 pm. (excludes public holidays)||firstname.lastname@example.org||P.O. Box GPO Box R1290, Perth WA 6844||Department of Transport|
Can I change my fleet licensing account?
You may request amendments to your Fleet Licensing account. Please refer to the Fleet Licensing fact sheet below for details on how to do this.
Fleet Management Online (FMO)
FMO, accessible through the DoTDirect self-service portal provides a convenient and easily accessible way for fleet customers to manage their accounts. Please refer to the 'Fleet Management Online: User guide' below for details on how to do this.
|Fleet Licensing (Fact Sheet)||Kb|
|Fleet Management Online: User guide||Kb|
How do I renew my vehicle licences?
Fleet licensing code customers are sent a fleet schedule account listing their nominated vehicles. The account is issued approximately 4 to 6 weeks before the common expiry date.
During the year, newly acquired vehicles may be added to your fleet schedule account.
How do I pay my fleet licensing account?
There are various methods by which you can pay your account.
Please refer to the Fleet Licensing fact sheet below for details on how to do this.
|Fleet Licensing (Fact Sheet)||Kb|