Transfer a vehicle licence by court order

Find out what you need to do to transfer a vehicle licence by court order.

What you need to do

If a court has ordered the transfer of a vehicle licence, both parties (the current owner and the new owner) must complete a Notification of Change of Ownership - Vehicle Licence Transfer (MR9) form.

The transferee (new vehicle licence holder) should present the completed MR9 form along with the court order and their proof of identity at a Driver and Vehicle Services centre, DoT regional office or agent.

You can also mail the complete form, along with a certified copy of the court order, to:

Driver and Vehicle Services
GPO Box R1290
Perth WA 6844

You cannot complete the transfer of a vehicle by court order online.

The new vehicle licence holder will need to pay a nominal rate of vehicle licence duty and a transfer fee.

Need help?

If you have any questions you can call our Customer Contact Centre on 13 11 56.

Page last updated: Thu Mar 28 2024 11:46:57 AM