Disclaimer, privacy, copyright and conditions of use
Conditions of use
The Spatial Information Branch of the Operations Division of the Department of Transport is able to supply Land and Infrastructure, Transport and Marine related information subject to the following conditions:
- The Department has prepared the data, graphs, tables, charts and maps representing the information.
- The Department supplies the information on the basis that it will not be altered or manipulated in any way by the recipient without the approval of the Department having been received.
- The Department supplies the information in good faith and believes it to be correct. The Department does not provide any warranty as to the accuracy of the Information nor as to its reliability. No person or corporation should act solely on the information without considering, and, if necessary, seeking verification of the information from an alternative information supplier.
- Neither the Department nor any member officer or employee undertakes responsibility in any way whatsoever to any person or corporation in respect of the information including any errors or omissions therein however caused, whether through negligence or otherwise.
- The Department and all its member officers and employees expressly disclaim all and any liability to any person or corporation into whose hands the information may come whether as purchased or otherwise, in respect of anything and of the consequences of anything done or omitted to be done by any such person or corporation in reliance in whole or part upon the whole or any part of the Information.
- If the data supplied is used in any publication, the Department shall be acknowledged as the source of the data in that publication or report.
- The Department reserves the right to review any publication or report that contains data or information it has supplied.
- If the data is supplied free of charge, it is only permitted to be used for research and educational programs or other specific projects approved by the Department. The data supplied shall be returned to the Department or destroyed with the approval from the Department, on completion of the project. A copy of the completed project, publication or report shall be supplied to the Department. The recipient of the data provided by the Department, shall not retain or archive the supplied data for future use.
- Any project, publication or report produced from data supplied free of charge from the Department, shall not be used to seek or provide any commercial and/or financial benefit.
- The data supplied shall not be passed on or sold to any other user without prior approval from the office in the Department that supplied the original data.
© The coastal data images are under copyright to the Western Australian Government. You are not permitted to use these images for whatever reason including placing these images on another website without prior written agreement from the Department of Transport's Coastal Data Centre.
Further, the copyright holder reserves the right to enforce and protect its ownership over the images provided in the coastal data section.
The State of Western Australia acting through the Department of Transport wishes to encourage the use of our charts and Notices to Mariners. Organisations and individuals may access the charts and Notices to Mariners found on this webpage ("the Information") free of charge, may copy or reproduce the Information and may distribute, sell, or offer any of the results of copying or reproducing to anyone else, subject to the following conditions:
- You may not modify the Information, nor distribute, sell or offer any of the results of modifying the Information to anyone else. "Modify" means to alter it in any way, including any redevelopment or modification "any generalisation or selective editing" any merger of the Information with other material "creating a computer program intended to be accessed or operated in conjunction with the information" or adding any advertising material, logo, notes or similar.
- On any digital or hard copy reproductions, you must acknowledge the State of Western Australia acting through the Department of Transport as the original owner and copyright holder or retain the existing acknowledgements.
- You agree to be bound by the terms of the following disclaimer and you must include the following disclaimer on any reproductions (hard copy or electronic) of the Information:
When using the Information for commercial or non-commercial purposes, the State of Western Australia acting through the Department of Transport gives no warranty of any kind whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise in respect to the availability, accuracy, currency, completeness, quality or reliability of the Information or that the Information will be fit for any particular purpose or will not infringe any third party Intellectual Property rights and the liability (including without limitation, liability in negligence, negligent misstatement and pure economic loss) of the Department for any direct, indirect or consequential loss, damage, cost or expense howsoever resulting from the use of or reliance on, the Information is entirely excluded.
Ordering data online - License terms
Please note: The provision of historical data is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Attribution CC BY
This license lets others distribute, remix, tweak, and build upon your work, even commercially, as long as they credit you for the original creation.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Security and privacy of information
What information do we collect and how do we use it?
We request information from the user on our order form. A user must provide contact information (such as name, email, and shipping address) and financial information (such as credit card number, expiration date).
This information is used for billing purposes and to fill customer's orders. If we have trouble processing an order, the information is used to contact the user. To make a payment the system needs to know your billing particulars, the name on your credit card, your credit card number and expiry date.
Your details, including your full credit card number, name and expiry date are not stored in our database at any point during the transaction or afterwards. Credit card details are not given to any third party.
How does the Department protect customer information?
All e-commerce transactions processed on behalf of the Department of Transport's Coastal Data website are secured by a comprehensive security system incorporating technologies such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and state full packet inspection.
This formidable security system protects the information you provide us online by providing the latest industry strength capabilities available to ensure privacy, confidentiality and non-repudiation are maintained for each and every transaction.
Will your information be disclosed to outside parties?
No, the credit card information you enter will only be made available to the Department which administers WAFastPay, and to the organisation that the bill is to be paid. Neither the Department nor the organisation will have access to your credit card details as we do not store this information.
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. Our cookies do not contain any personal identifying information, but they do enable us to allow you to pay multiple bills at once. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser to prevent this.
This Website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we, the Department, are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every Website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this website.
Sharing, legal disclaimer
Although we make every effort to preserve user privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our website.
Like most standard Website servers we use log files. This includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyse trends, administer the site, track user's movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses, etc. are not linked to personally identifiable information.