Hillarys beach wheelchair
Find out how to access a beach wheelchair at Hillarys Boat Harbour.
Two beach wheelchairs are available for use free of charge at Hillarys Boat Harbour.
The wheelchairs are designed to:
- provide access to the beach and water for people with disability or low mobility
- be pushed by an adult and are not self-propelling
- can carry up to 120 kilograms.
The wheelchairs are located in a storage locker between Southside Drive carpark and South Beach public toilets, not far from the grassed area.
You can access a wheelchair by:
- using a Master Locksmiths Access Key (MLAK), or
- contacting the City of Joondalup on 9400 4000 in office hours or email email@example.com to receive the PIN code.
Before taking the wheelchair, fill in the log book with the date and time of use and return.
The wheelchairs are provided by Department of Transport, Hillarys Boat Harbour, and the City of Joondalup.
- The wheelchairs should only be used by people who are restricted in their access to the beach and water.
- Wheelchair users must be assisted and supervised by an adult and not be left alone in the wheelchair when on a gradient or in the water.
- Assess beach and wave conditions and check the water depth before use.
- You are responsible for returning the wheelchair at the designated time and place and for public liability.
- Return the wheelchair in a clean and tidy condition and hose with fresh water to remove salt-water and sand.
- Do not remove the wheelchairs from Hillarys Boat Harbour unless agreed by City of Joondalup.