Get an extraordinary licence
Extraordinary licence applications for a court imposed disqualification are lodged directly with the Courts. An application for an order for an extraordinary licence cannot be made while subject to:
- An immediate disqualification notice for an alcohol offence.
- A disqualification period related to service of a demerit point notice.
- A licence suspension order imposed by the Department of Justiceís Fines Enforcement Registry.
- A disqualification period imposed by a Court in another state or territory.
- The CEO refusing to grant, cancelling or suspending your driverís licence, unless you are subject to another eligible disqualification.
There are minimum wait periods before any extraordinary licence application can be made (or heard) by a Court and this is determined by the number and nature of the offence(s).
For further information visit the Magistrates Court of Western Australia website for more information.
Extraordinary driver's licence fees
|Extraordinary driver's licence: Original application 1 year||$183.05|
|Extraordinary driver's licence: Original application 6 months||$91.55|
|Extraordinary driver's licence: Renewal 1 year||$39.45|
|Extraordinary driver's licence: Renewal 6 months||$19.75|
|Extraordinary driver's licence: Replacement||$28.50|
|Extraordinary driver licence form and plastic card (Frequently Asked Questions)||Kb|
|Magistrates Court of Western Australia|