16/11/2018: Peel Inlet, Port marker, unlit
A Port navigation aid approximately midway between the entrance to the Murray and Serpentine Rivers and the entrance to Sticks Channel, Peel Inlet has been reported to be unlit.
Mariners are advised to navigate with caution.
- Chart reference: WA 848 and WA913.
12/11/2018: Ocean Reef Boat Harbour, 8 knot speed area marker buoy missing
The unlit yellow special mark spar buoy, special mark 16 is missing from its location.
- Location: Lat 31° 45.5062' S, Long 115° 43.4948' E Ocean Reef.
Approximately 150 metres North of Ocean Reef Boat Harbour Groyne.
- Chart: WA 986.
Mariners are advised to navigate safely within this area of speed area limit.
16/10/2018: Unlit platform, Bambara Platform, East Barrow Island
Bambara Production Platform - East of Barrow Island at coordinates - Latitude 20° 32. 8239' S - Longitude 115° 36.2916' E, is reported as unlit (intermittent operation of the light):
- Light: Mo (U) Y 18 m 10 M.
- Location: Latitude 20° 32. 8239' S - Longitude 115° 36. 2916' E.
- Charts: AUS 327; AUS 742.
02/07/2018: Rocky Bay, East Cardinal Mark, Swan River, missing
Rocky Bay - Lit Pile 6 - Rocky Bay East Cardinal mark in front of the Swan Yacht Club is missing and a small temporary East Cardinal buoy has been put in its place Group Flashing 3.
- Location: 32° 01.45'S, 115° 45.680'E.
- Chart: Department of Transport Chart WA 898 Swan and Canning Rivers.
About navigational warnings
Navigational warnings are issued by the Department of Transport to advise mariners of Aids to Navigation outages and marine hazards that represent an immediate risk to mariners.
These warnings are broadcast on VHF and HF radio networks throughout the state by the WA Water Police on the following networks.
- Perth Metro VHF: Warnings and weather are scheduled for broadcast at 4:18 am, 1:18 pm and 7:18 pm (Channel 67).
- Coast Radio Perth HF: Warnings only are scheduled for broadcasts at 2:25 pm and 6:25 pm each day (Channel 8176).
- Coast Radio Hedland HF: Warnings only are scheduled for broadcasts at 12:25 pm and 4:25 pm each day (Channel 8176).
Cancelled, withdrawn or expired navigational warnings are regularly removed.
For Temporary Notice to Mariners relating to events, works, activities and operations that may affect navigational safety please refer to Temporary Notices To Mariners (TNTMs).
Before undertaking any boating activities, mariners are advised to check appropriate TNTMs, navigational warnings, chart corrections and current weather information.