19/07/2019: Outer spur groyne starboard beacon missing - Bandy Creek, Esperance
The second starboard marker, located inside the entrance to the Bandy Creek Marina from seaward, is damaged. The light and top mark are missing and the steel pole is submerged and presents a hazard to navigation. Mariners are advised to navigate with care along this stretch of water.
- Location: 33° 50.075’S 121° 55.967’E
- Chart: AUS 119 Approaches to Esperance
08/07/2019: Jervoise Bay Boat Harbour starboard groyne beacon unlit
It has been reported that the starboard groyne beacon at the entrance to the Northern Jervoise Bay Boat Harbour in Cockburn Sound is unlit. Mariners are advised to take extra care when navigating through this area at night and to use all available means of lookout.
- Location: 32° 8.705’S 115° 45.647’E
- Charts: WA 001 & AUS 117 and AUS 114
20/06/2019: Boiler Reef starboard/sector beacon flashing irregularly
The Boiler Reef starboard/sector beacon offshore from Jurien Bay, and to the north of Boullanger Island, is reported to be flashing with an irregular light character. It is reported to be flashing green followed by a yellow glow.
- Location: 30° 18.055'S, 114° 59.699'E
- Chart: Department of Transport Chart WA947 – Jurien Bay
About navigational warnings
Navigational warnings are issued by the Department of Transport to advise mariners of Aids to Navigation outages and marine hazards that represent an immediate risk to mariners.
These warnings are broadcast on VHF and HF radio networks throughout the state by the WA Water Police on the following networks.
- Perth Metro VHF: Warnings and weather are scheduled for broadcast at 4:18 am, 1:18 pm and 7:18 pm (Channel 67).
- Coast Radio Perth HF: Warnings only are scheduled for broadcasts at 2:25 pm and 6:25 pm each day (Channel 8176).
- Coast Radio Hedland HF: Warnings only are scheduled for broadcasts at 12:25 pm and 4:25 pm each day (Channel 8176).
Cancelled, withdrawn or expired navigational warnings are regularly removed.
For Temporary Notice to Mariners relating to events, works, activities and operations that may affect navigational safety please refer to Temporary Notices To Mariners (TNTMs).
Before undertaking any boating activities, mariners are advised to check appropriate TNTMs, navigational warnings, chart corrections and current weather information.