20/01/2020: Murray River - lit marker 7 leaning over
Description: The port marker on the corner of the channel at the entrance to the Murray River/Peel Inlet, is leaning over and poses a hazard to navigation. An isolated danger mark has been attached to the pole.
Location: 32° 34.6637’S & 115° 45.6601’E
Chart: WA 848
06/01/2020: Submerged Hazard – Entrance to Serpentine River
Description: A submerged hazard has been reported at the entrance to the Serpentine River, adjacent to the Serpentine River, port marker 1
Location: In the vicinity of 32° 34.514'S, 115° 45.505'E
Chart: Department of Transport Chart WA848 – Peel Inlet and Harvey Estuary
08/11/2019: Unlit yacht turning buoy markers - Champion Bay, Geraldton
Ten yacht turning buoys have been deployed at Champion Bay, Geraldton at the following reported locations:
- 28° 44.830'S, 114° 36.484'E
- 28° 45.101'S, 114° 36.329'E
- 28° 45.018'S, 114° 36.583'E
- 28° 45.078'S, 114° 36.619'E
- 28° 45.389'S, 114° 36.400'E
- 28° 45.568'S, 114° 36.632'E
- 28° 45.700'S, 114° 36.264'E
- 28° 46.147'S, 114° 36.242'E
- 28° 46.154'S, 114° 36.319'E
- 28° 46.340'S, 114° 36.248'E
Mariners are advised to use caution within the vicinity of these markers and that they are unlit at night.
- Location: Champion Bay, Geraldton
- Chart: Department of Transport Chart WA939 – Geraldton Harbour
20/06/2019: Boiler Reef starboard/sector beacon flashing irregularly
The Boiler Reef starboard/sector beacon offshore from Jurien Bay, and to the north of Boullanger Island, is reported to be flashing with an irregular light character. It is reported to be flashing green followed by a yellow glow.
- Location: 30° 18.055'S, 114° 59.699'E
- Chart: Department of Transport Chart WA947 – Jurien Bay
About navigational warnings
Navigational warnings are issued by the Department of Transport to advise mariners of Aids to Navigation outages and marine hazards that represent an immediate risk to mariners.
These warnings are broadcast on VHF and HF radio networks throughout the state by the WA Water Police on the following networks.
- Perth Metro VHF: Warnings and weather are scheduled for broadcast at 4:18 am, 1:18 pm and 7:18 pm (Channel 67).
- Coast Radio Perth HF: Warnings only are scheduled for broadcasts at 2:25 pm and 6:25 pm each day (Channel 8176).
- Coast Radio Hedland HF: Warnings only are scheduled for broadcasts at 12:25 pm and 4:25 pm each day (Channel 8176).
Cancelled, withdrawn or expired navigational warnings are regularly removed.
For Temporary Notice to Mariners relating to events, works, activities and operations that may affect navigational safety please refer to Temporary Notices To Mariners (TNTMs).
Before undertaking any boating activities, mariners are advised to check appropriate TNTMs, navigational warnings, chart corrections and current weather information.