20/06/2019: Boiler Reef starboard/sector beacon flashing irregularly
The Boiler Reef starboard/sector beacon offshore from Jurien Bay, and to the north of Boullanger Island, is reported to be flashing with an irregular light character. It is reported to be flashing green followed by a yellow glow.
- Location: 30° 18.055'S, 114° 59.699'E
- Chart: Department of Transport Chart WA947 – Jurien Bay
About navigational warnings
Navigational warnings are issued by the Department of Transport to advise mariners of Aids to Navigation outages and marine hazards that represent an immediate risk to mariners.
These warnings are broadcast on VHF and HF radio networks throughout the state by the WA Water Police on the following networks.
- Perth Metro VHF: Warnings and weather are scheduled for broadcast at 4:18 am, 1:18 pm and 7:18 pm (Channel 67).
- Coast Radio Perth HF: Warnings only are scheduled for broadcasts at 2:25 pm and 6:25 pm each day (Channel 8176).
- Coast Radio Hedland HF: Warnings only are scheduled for broadcasts at 12:25 pm and 4:25 pm each day (Channel 8176).
Cancelled, withdrawn or expired navigational warnings are regularly removed.
For Temporary Notice to Mariners relating to events, works, activities and operations that may affect navigational safety please refer to Temporary Notices To Mariners (TNTMs).
Before undertaking any boating activities, mariners are advised to check appropriate TNTMs, navigational warnings, chart corrections and current weather information.