19/07/2018: Rottnest Island, Point Clune, temporary port marker buoy offstation
The temporary port marker buoy which has been placed adjacent to the submerged port marker buoy at Point Clune is reported to be offstation.
- Location: Vicinity of 31° 59.119'S, 115° 31.367'E.
- Chart: WA 412 - Rottnest Island.
19/07/2018: Rottnest Island, Geordie Bay, temporary port marker buoy offstation and unlit
The temporary port marker buoy which has been placed adjacent to the damaged second port marker in the Geordie Bay channel (which has snapped off and is positioned just below the water line) is reported to be offstation.
- Location: Vicinity of 31° 59.341'S, 115° 31.179'E.
- Chart: WA 412 - Rottnest Island.
17/07/2018: Serpentine River, Marker 4 leaning over and underwater
The second starboard mark after the West Cardinal mark at the fork of the entrance to the Murray and Serpentine rivers is laying over and under water. Boaters are advised to be careful when navigating through this area as the beacon poses a submerged hazard.
- Chart: WA 848.
11/07/2018: Broome, Gantheaume Point, lit North Cardinal is unlit
The North Cardinal Marker out from Cable Beach near Gantheaume Point in Broome is unlit and the Day Shape is missing.
Mariners are advised not to rely on this mark during hours of darkness.
- Location: 17° 56.933'S 122° 11.633'E.
- Chart: AUS 51.
10/07/2018: Point Clune Port Hand Buoy Rottnest Island destroyed and unlit
The Point Clune Port mark on the approach to Geordie Bay Rottnest Island has been destroyed by recent storms. A small temporary lit buoy has been installed in the location to mark the channel. Mariners are advised to navigate with caution in in this area.
- Location: 31° 59.119'S 115° 31.367'E.
- Chart: WA 412 and AUS 112.
10/07/2018: Geordie Bay Port Marker No. 4 leaning over and underwater
The second Port marker in the channel into Geordie Bay has snapped off and is positioned just below the water line and is a danger to boaters. A small Port Hand Buoy has been placed on the channel side of the hazard to mark the channel. Boaters are advised to take extra caution in this area.
- Location: 31° 59.341'S 115° 31.179'E.
- Chart: WA 412.
02/07/2018: Rocky Bay, East Cardinal Mark, Swan River, missing
Rocky Bay - Lit Pile 6 - Rocky Bay East Cardinal mark in front of the Swan Yacht Club is missing and a small temporary East Cardinal buoy has been put in its place Group Flashing 3.
- Location: 32° 01.45'S, 115° 45.680'E.
- Chart: Department of Transport Chart WA 898 Swan and Canning Rivers.
28/05/2018: Lost anchor - Bunbury Anchorage 'B'
'MV Transfriendship I' has lost an anchor and an uncertain amount of cable at Bunbury Anchorage 'B', in the following approximate position:
- Location: A:33-16.93S 115-35.02E; B:33-16.97S,115-35.01E;
C:33-17.02S,115-35.20E; D:33-16.94S ,115-35.20E.
- Chart: WA 859 - Bunbury to Port Geographe.
Mariners are advised to temporarily avoid anchoring in this area until the removal of said anchor and cable due to the possibility of fouling.
About navigational warnings
Navigational warnings are issued by the Department of Transport to advise mariners of Aids to Navigation outages and marine hazards that represent an immediate risk to mariners.
These warnings are broadcast on VHF and HF radio networks throughout the state by the WA Water Police on the following networks.
- Perth Metro VHF: Warnings and weather are scheduled for broadcast at 4:18 am, 1:18 pm and 7:18 pm (Channel 67).
- Coast Radio Perth HF: Warnings only are scheduled for broadcasts at 2:25 pm and 6:25 pm each day (Channel 8176).
- Coast Radio Hedland HF: Warnings only are scheduled for broadcasts at 12:25 pm and 4:25 pm each day (Channel 8176).
Cancelled, withdrawn or expired navigational warnings are regularly removed.
For Temporary Notice to Mariners relating to events, works, activities and operations that may affect navigational safety please refer to Temporary Notices To Mariners (TNTMs).
Before undertaking any boating activities, mariners are advised to check appropriate TNTMs, navigational warnings, chart corrections and current weather information.