14/03/2019: Mandurah Ocean Marina Mid Channel Special Mark reported unlit and top mark missing
The Mid Channel Special Mark spar buoy at the entrance to Mandurah Ocean Marina is reported to be unlit. The top mark is also reported to be missing.
- Location: 32° 31.531’S, 115° 42.741’E
- Chart: DoT WA 898 - Peel Inlet and Harvey Estuary
16/10/2018: Unlit platform, Bambara Platform, East Barrow Island
Bambara Production Platform - East of Barrow Island at coordinates - Latitude 20° 32. 8239' S - Longitude 115° 36.2916' E, is reported as unlit (intermittent operation of the light):
- Light: Mo (U) Y 18 m 10 M.
- Location: Latitude 20° 32. 8239' S - Longitude 115° 36. 2916' E.
- Charts: AUS 327; AUS 742.
About navigational warnings
Navigational warnings are issued by the Department of Transport to advise mariners of Aids to Navigation outages and marine hazards that represent an immediate risk to mariners.
These warnings are broadcast on VHF and HF radio networks throughout the state by the WA Water Police on the following networks.
- Perth Metro VHF: Warnings and weather are scheduled for broadcast at 4:18 am, 1:18 pm and 7:18 pm (Channel 67).
- Coast Radio Perth HF: Warnings only are scheduled for broadcasts at 2:25 pm and 6:25 pm each day (Channel 8176).
- Coast Radio Hedland HF: Warnings only are scheduled for broadcasts at 12:25 pm and 4:25 pm each day (Channel 8176).
Cancelled, withdrawn or expired navigational warnings are regularly removed.
For Temporary Notice to Mariners relating to events, works, activities and operations that may affect navigational safety please refer to Temporary Notices To Mariners (TNTMs).
Before undertaking any boating activities, mariners are advised to check appropriate TNTMs, navigational warnings, chart corrections and current weather information.