Remake damaged state, district or seasonal plates
Damaged state, district or seasonal plates
The following licence plates may be remade if they are damaged:
- State licence plates.
- District licence plates.
- Seasonal licence plates.
Lost or stolen state, district or seasonal licence plates cannot be remade.
- Only the vehicle licence holder may complete the statutory declaration.
- There is a fee involved.
Step 1: Application and payment - state, district or seasonal plates
Please make cheques payable to Department of Transport.
Remake fees are provided in the document below.
You can also complete the application at a Driver and Vehicle Services Centre or regional Agent. EFTPOS, Visa or Mastercard payments are accepted at Driver and Vehicle Services Centres and participating regional Agents.
Lost or stolen state, district or seasonal plates cannot be remade. Please refer to our web page on lost/stolen plates to find out how to get your plates replaced.
Complete the application form below and post it with cheque or money order payment to:
|Street address||Postal address||Telephone||Fax|
|Department of Transport
GPO Box R1290
Perth WA 6844
|Application for plate remake/transfer (Form E45)||Kb|
Miscellaneous plate fees (2019/2020)
Other plate fees
|Remake all other plates fees|
|Remake all other licence plates: Acrylic||$242.95|
|Remake all other licence plates: Aluminium||$120.10|
|Remake Personalised series licence plates||$80.50|
|Remake Retro series licence plates||$120.10|
|Plate retention and re-issue fees|
|Personalised and special licence plates series re-issue fee||$16.75|
|Special series licence plates retention fee||$18.10|
|Plate transfer fees|
|Transfer one-digit numeral licence plates (Great Plate Auction)||$10,725.25|
|Transfer two-digit numeral licence plates (Great Plate Auction)||$2,146.05|
|Transfer three-digit numeral licence plates (Great Plate Auction)||$1,067.85|
|Transfer beneficiary / family law licence plates||$21.95|
|Transfer Name series licence plates||$535.50|
|Transfer other licence plates (Great Plate Auction)||$213.25|
|Transfer Personalised series licence plates cannot be transferred||Not available|
|Transfer Retro series and all other special licence plates||$93.15|
|Transfer unique licence plates (Great Plate Auction Classic: vehicle makes)||$2,146.05|
Step 2: Collection of your new plates: Damaged state, district or seasonal plates
You will receive written notification in the post advising you that your plates are ready for collection from the Driver and Vehicle Services Centre or regional agent you nominated on your application form.
You must take the following with you to the Driver and Vehicle Services Centre or regional agent when you collect your plates;
- Your damaged set of plates. Please note that lost or stolen state, district or seasonal plates can not be reissued (even if they have been remade).
- Please refer to lost/stolen plates to find out how to get your lost or stolen plates replaced.
- A form of primary identification. See fact sheet below for acceptable forms of identification.
Please note that it takes 3 to 4 weeks to have your number plates remade.
Collection of your new plates by a third party
A person other than yourself as the plate or vehicle owner may collect and/or exchange optional and ordinary number plates on your behalf provided the plates are not damaged or lost, subject to the following conditions:
- A form of primary identification must be presented by person attending to collect/exchange the plates. See Proof of Identity for other Driver and Vehicle Services transactions below.
- If the plates being collected or exchanged are optional plates, the Certificate of Right to Display and Trade must match the vehicle owner's name or a Nomination of Right to Display form is to be completed by the holder of the Certificate of Right to Display and Trade.
- The vehicle must be currently licensed or within the renewal period, for example: 3 months prior to or following the expiry date.
- The existing number plates recorded as being on the vehicle must be surrendered/retained at a Driver and Vehicle Services centre or agent.
- If the plates being collected are Europlates, note that these plates are manufactured without pre-drilled fitment holes. If you have the Europlates fitted by an outside service provider (garage or car dealer), you may be charged a fee. Transport accept no responsibility for any damage to the number plates incurred during the attaching process.
|Proof of identity for other Driver and Vehicle Services transactions (Not an initial driver's licence or WA Photo Card)||Kb|
Fitting plates to your vehicle
Screws are not supplied with plates issued by the Department of Transport.
You will need to organise the removal of the old plates and attachment of the new plates yourself, or arrange for them to be fitted by a car dealership or garage.
As vehicle design specifications vary, plates in the Euro Series are produced without any pre-drilled holes. This allows you to position the holes to suit your vehicle.