Trailer Vehicle Identification Numbers (VIN)

Owner/Builders can request a low volume vehicle identification number (VIN) for a new trailer here. A separate form is required to obtain a surrogate VIN for a motor vehicle in Western Australia.

  Application for Trailer VIN


Complete this form if you built your trailer in the current calendar year and you require a VIN.

If you have built your trailer prior to the current calendar year or refurbished your trailer, you will need to present the trailer for an examination. A request for a low volume VIN will be sent on your behalf by the Department of Transport Vehicle Examiners.

If you have applied for and have been allocated a VIN and your trailer is not built in this current calendar Year, contact the Department of Transport by return email, as the VIN allocated references the actual Year the trailer was built.

Low volume VINs issued by the Department of Transport cannot be used for importing trailers manufactured overseas. WA issued VINs which are used for the importation of trailers will be deleted. If you are importing trailers, you will need to contact the Manufacturer in the country which the trailers are being constructed, and obtain VINs issued within the country of manufacture, and provide these VINs on your import application.

If you are intending on importing trailers, visit the Australian Government website, the Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development

Box Top
Boat Trailer
Heavy Trailer - Pig Trailer or Dolly Converter (T23)
Heavy Trailer - Dog Trailer (T24)
Semi-trailer (T25)
Plant Trailer (T26)
Other (Flat Top, Tipper, Jinker, Van, Horse Float, Skeletal) (T27)

Once you have entered the codes, use the submit button to send your message.

If you receive an error, please use your web browsers BACK
button to return to your form entry. Please try again.

Is the security code too difficult?
Please use the reload button, it looks like this:   The refresh button looks like this:


Page last updated: Fri Mar 13 2015 2:02:26 PM