Get my photo taken
Find out where to get your photograph and signature recorded for your Western Australian driver's licence, and what you need to bring. If you are unable to get your picture taken, you may submit a photo kit.
Find out where to get your photograph and signature recorded for your Western Australian driver's licence, and what you need to bring.
The Department of Transport requires you to have your photograph and signature captured:
- When applying for a new driver's licence,
- Every 10 years, when renewing your driver's licence. Your licence renewal notice will indicate when this needs to be done, and
- When you wish to update your photo due to a change in your appearance or change of name and not as part of your renewal. (This can only be done at a DVS centre, regional DoT office, or regional agent.)
For more information, please download the frequently asked questions.
|Your personal details and photograph (Frequently Asked Questions)||Kb|
If you are having your photo taken at an Australia Post Photopoint outlet, you will need your Driver’s licence renewal notice and all your personal details must be correct on the renewal form.
Otherwise, you can have your photograph taken at Driver and Vehicle Services centres and at authorised regional agents.
Unless otherwise stated, Department of Transport, Driver and Vehicle Services centres are open between the hours of 8:15 am and 4:30 pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).
Authorised Agents may have varied opening hours, please call for details (Excludes public holidays).
If you are unable to have your picture taken at a licensing centre, regional agent or Photopoint location because you:
- Have a medical condition preventing you from going to one of the above locations.
- Are living in a remote area within Western Australia.
- Are travelling interstate or overseas.
You can submit your photograph by post.
Please download and complete the photo kit (Form E13), which includes detailed instructions and the mailing address.
|Photo kit (Form E13)||Kb|