Change my gender
Change my gender
The Department of Transport records your gender information however; your gender is not displayed on your driver's licence, learner's permit or your WA Photo Card.
You can change your gender to one of the following:
- M - Male.
- F - Female.
- X - If you do not identify as either male or female.
Find out what documents you need to establish or change your gender information.
In order to change your gender information, you will need to attend a DVS Centre or agency in person and present the following documents:
- A completed Change of Personal Details (P64) form; and
- Your proof of identification; either
- One category B document only; OR
- One category A document and one category C document.
- Any one of the following:
- A statement from a Registered Medical Practitioner or Registered Psychologist, certifying that you have been their client; or
- A valid Australian Government travel document, such as a valid Passport, which specifies your preferred gender; or
- An amended State or Territory Births Deaths and Marriages birth certificate, which specifies your preferred gender.
- A State or Territory Gender Recognition Certificate, or recognised details certificate showing that a State or Territory Registrar of Births Deaths and Marriages has accepted your change in sex.
For more information, please refer to the Australian Government Guidelines on the Recognition of Sex and Gender.
Driver and vehicle licensing fees and charges
Change of address, gender and name (No fees apply)
There is no fee payable to change your name, organisation name, address or gender. However, a fee will apply if you request a replacement driver's licence document, vehicle licence document, or Photo Card.
Change of address, Photo Card
|Application for a WA Photo Card||$44.50|
|Replacement WA Photo Card||$30.90|
|Additional WA Photo Card||$44.50|
|Application for a WA Photo Card: Pensioner or Senior concession||$22.25|
|Replacement WA Photo Card: Pensioner or Senior concession||$15.45|
|Additional WA Photo Card: Pensioner or Senior concession||$22.25|
|Application or replacement or additional WA Photo Card: Aged Pensioner||No fee|
Duplicate/replacement driver licence fees
|Duplicate/replacement driver's licence card||$30.90|
|Duplicate/replacement driver's licence card (Pensioners and Seniors)||$15.45|
|Duplicate/replacement driver's licence card (Aged Pensioners)||No fee|
Learner driver fees
|Driver's licence application|
|New driver licence application fee including one Practical Driving Assessment (PDA) (original issue, not HC or MC class)||$117.80|
|Additional class application fee including one Practical Driving Assessment (PDA) (not HC or MC class)||$117.80|
|Class restriction removal (does not include HC and MC class)||$98.30|
|Learner's Permit Computerised Theory Test (CTT)|
|Sit the Learner's Permit Computerised Theory Test (CTT)||$20.20|
|Subsequent Learner's Permit Computerised Theory Test (CTT) resits||$16.10|
|Learner Log Book (printed)||$9.45|
|Learner's Permit card replacement||$30.90|
|Hazard Perception Test (HPT)|
|Sit the initial Hazard Perception Test (HPT)||$25.60|
|Every subsequent Hazard Perception Test (HPT) resit||$19.40|
|Practical Driving Assessment (PDA)|
|Every subsequent Practical Driving Assessment (PDA) resit||$98.30|
|Application for replacement certified copy of driver's licence, learner's permit or learner log book (Form DL26)||Kb|
|Change of personal details (Form C4)||Kb|