Cycling and Walking Australia and New Zealand
About Cycling and Walking Australia and New Zealand (CWANZ)
To collaborate in the national interest to implement strategies and actions that will rapidly improve the conditions for and uptake of cycling and walking on Australia and New Zealand transport and recreation networks.
The group will operate in the national interest to implement strategies and actions that will rapidly improve the conditions for, and the uptake of walking and cycling on transport and recreation networks across Australia and New Zealand.
Our objectives are to facilitate and enable:
- More people cycling and walking as integral elements of liveable, healthy and productive communities.
- Increased investment in cycling and walking from all levels of government.
- Applied innovation and learning.
- National consistency and harmonisation.
- Making the case for cycling and walking.
Further information about CWANZ is available in the Overview, below.
|CWANZ Overview (Cycling and Walking Australia and New Zealand)||Kb|
|CWANZ Terms of reference (Cycling Walking Australia and New Zealand)||Kb|
|Cycling and Walking Australia and New Zealand (CWANZ)|
Cycling and Walking Australia and New Zealand (CWANZ) members
Our members include senior representatives from state transport agencies from every state and territory in Australia, plus New Zealand; advocacy groups; local councils. The Australian Federal Government have observer status. They are:
- Active Transport, Victoria (observer).
- Auckland Transport.
- Bicycle Network.
- Bicycle Queensland.
- Cairns Regional Council.
- Central Coast Council.
- City of Parramatta.
- Cycle Action Network.
- Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics, Northern Territory Government.
- Department of Infrastructure, Regional Development and Cities, Australian Federal Government (observer).
- Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure, South Australia.
- Department of State Growth, Tasmania.
- Department of Transport and Main Roads, Queensland.
- Department of Transport, Western Australia.
- Living Streets Aotearoa.
- National Heart Foundation of Australia.
- New Zealand Transport Agency.
- Transport Accident Commission, Victoria.
- Transport Canberra and City Services Directorate, ACT Government.
- Transport for NSW.
- Victoria Walks.
- We Ride Australia.