National Driver Work Diary
Find out about the National Driver Work Diary requirements for heavy vehicle and bus drivers.
The National Driver Work Diary is a requirement of the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator and sets work limits and rest limits for heavy vehicle drivers to better manage of driver fatigue.
You must carry and complete a National Driver Work Diary if you drive:
- a vehicle or vehicle combination weighing more than 12 tonnes or a bus fitted to carry more than 12 adults including the driver; and
- outside of Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
You must record your work and rest details of all trips more than 100 kilometres from your driver base.
If your driver base is not recorded, the driver base will be taken to be the garaged address of the regulated heavy vehicle.
You can buy a National Work Diary from any Metropolitan Driver and Vehicles Services (DVS) centre or from the following regional Department of Transport (DoT) centres:
- Albany DoT Centre - 178 Stirling Terrace, Albany WA
- Broome DoT Centre - 9 Napier Terrace, Broome WA
- Bunbury DoT Centre - 24 Wellington Street, Bunbury WA
- Geraldton DoT Centre - 23 Eastward Road, Wonthella WA
- Kalgoorlie DoT Centre - 35 Brookman Street, Kalgoorlie;
- Karratha DoT Centre - 20 Sharpe Avenue, Karratha
- Kununurra DoT Centre - Corner Messmate Way & Bandicoot Drive, Kununurra
National Driver Work Diaries can only be issued to the driver. A third party cannot collect a diary for you.