Port Kennedy Management Board
The Port Kennedy Management Board was established under the Port Kennedy Development Agreement Act 1992 (WA) to provide the Minister for Transport with advice and progress reports on the integrated coastal resort development project at Warnbro Sound, Rockingham.
|Department of Justice: Port Kennedy Development Agreement Act 1992 (WA)|
State maritime industry committees
The Department of Transport provides support to 2 State-wide maritime committees:
- Sea Freight Council of WA.
- WA Port Operations Taskforce.
These committees work together closely and share an office. To contact them, please call (08) 9336 1818.
Sea Freight Council of Western Australia
The Sea Freight Council of Western Australia provides strategic policy advice on issues that affect sea freight movement industry and the government, especially those with a national flavour.
The Council is chaired by the Director General of the Department of Transport, and is made up of 15 Directors, representing all industry sectors along the supply chain, including:
- Shipping companies.
- Road transport.
- Port service providers.
- Port authorities.
The Council is a member of the Australian Freight Council Network.
Western Australian Port Operations Task Force
The Western Australian Port Operations Task Force advises industry and the government on operational issues related to ports, especially those affecting Fremantle Port.
It is made up of shipping and cargo representatives, such as:
- Labour unions.
- Port authorities.
- Government agencies.
National maritime committees
Permanent Committee on Tides and Mean Sea Level
The Permanent Committee on Tides and Mean Sea Level (PCTMSL) is a technical subcommittee of the Intergovernmental Committee on Surveying and Mapping (ICSM).
The role of the committee is to:
- Create a national database of tidal records.
- Develop national standards and guidelines for tidal matters.
- Be a focal point for national enquiries relating to tides and mean sea level.
It is made up of Federal and State Government agencies, port authorities and scientific groups, including:
- Australian Hydrographic Service.
- National Tidal Facility Australia.
- National Mapping Division of Geoscience Australia.
- Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO).
- Australian Bureau of Meteorology.
- Australian Antarctic Division.
- Association of Australian Ports and Marine Authorities.
- Australian Academy of Science.
- Representatives from every state and port authority.
|Intergovernmental Committee on Surveying and Mapping (ICSM)|