Continue to gain experience
Task 1: Gain a minimum of 50 hours of supervised driving experience
You need to record a minimum of 50 supervised driving hours including at least five hours at night (between sunset and sunrise) in your Learner Guide and Log Book.
To gain experience you must:
- Always be accompanied by a supervising driver.
- Abide by the rules for novice drivers.
- Gain extensive on-road driving practice amounting to a minimum of 50 supervised driving hours.
- Include at least five hours at night (between sunset and sunrise)
There are a range of recommended tasks in your Learner Guide and Log Book that will assist you in developing the skills to become a safe solo driver.
You are strongly recommended to complete more than the minimum 50 hours of supervised driving as this will better prepare you for when you can drive on your own.
Once you have completed and recorded a minimum of 50 supervised driving hours in your Learner Guide and Log Book, have passed the Hazard Perception Test and you are at least 17 years of age, you can sit the Practical Driving Assessment (PDA), step five of getting your licence.
Replace a lost Learner Guide and Log Book
You must attend a Driver and Vehicle Service (DVS) Centre or Department of Transport agent if your Learner Guide and Log Book has been lost or destroyed.
- You must present one form of primary and one form of secondary identification (one piece of identification must contain the learner driver's signature).
- You will also be required to pay the prescribed replacement log book fee.
Supervised driving recorded in your lost or destroyed book cannot be verified by the Department. All supervised driving hours will need to be completed again.
If you have lost your Learner Guide and Log Book, please complete the following form: Application for replacement/certified copy of Driver's Licence, Learner's Permit or Learner Guide and Log Book (Form DL26).
|Application for replacement/certified copy of Driver's Licence, Learner's Permit or Learner Guide and Log Book (Form DL26)||Kb|
|Recognition of Learner Driver Competencies Australia/New Zealand/IOT (Form E60)||Kb|